I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, January 9, 2015

Setting Things Right

From the Motherpeace Tarot, Justice; from the Toltec Oracle, "Koyolshauki:"
          The creators for the Motherpeace title the chapter for Justice "Setting Things Right." The image shows the Norns (Fates) communing with the elements and beings of the earth. It is suggested that when mankind's ego got "too big for its britches," we lost our sense of interconnection and responsibility to care for each other. Yet nature has a way of re-balancing itself, often in ways that aren't comfortable for our egos. Unlike the Tower experience, Noble explains that Justice "works in calm, quiet ways, giving us what we need rather than what we want." I may ignore, fight or work with this force, but regardless of my choice it will happen.
          Koyolshauki is the Toltec name for the moon. Unlike the sun that eliminates the darkness when it shines, the moon coexists with it. It allows us to see our shadow self, the part of ourselves that we want to deny. Such a denial is like having five children and claiming only three. Of the remaining two, one is a troublemaker and the other has gifts that frighten us. Yet the hellion part of ourselves can help us take a stand when we are afraid, and the talented one can help us find solutions where there are obstacles. My ego is not comfortable letting these two out of their locked rooms, but it appears they might be helpful in putting things back in balance.

4 comments:

  1. I like the visual of having a some of our "kids" locked in a room. The "good girl" can play outside in the front yard so everyone can see how well behaved she is :D
    More and more I grow to like my locked up children and we love playing our favorite game: hide and seek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That visual popped in my head as I was trying to think how to convey these parts of ourselves that we try to hide. But you are so right - our egos want our good children out where others can see them while demanding we hide the nonconformist ones!

      Delete
  2. I owned the Motherpeace Tarot a few years ago and couldn't get on with it at all. Now I'm wondering, after reading your blog posts, whether it might be time to revisit it?

    So THANKS for putting my credit card under even greater pressure from buying even more Tarot decks ROFL!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always glad to be a deck enabler! :D I had problems with this deck originally, because its creators did have an agenda of sorts. But I began to look at it as a product of its time, and see what wisdom was left once I trimmed the "burn your bras" parts, lol.

      Delete