I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, March 9, 2015

Labor and Delivery

From the Japaridze Tarot, the Five of Tides (Cups); from the Holitzka I Ching, the sixty-fourth hexagram "Before Fulfillment:"
          A very pregnant woman stands in a cemetery mourning her loss. She reminds me of my Aunt Jimmie, whose husband was a fighter pilot in WWII. Shot down over the Philippines, he never got to hold his only child. Great loss makes me feel like the world should stop turning, as if everyone should pause, pay attention and grieve as I do. Yet the soon-to-be born babe is a reminder that the cycle of life never stands still. The world continues to turn, and seasons continue to change. The sixty-fourth hexagram indicates a time of transition from disorder to order. However there is a cycle which needs to complete itself before harmony arrives (the birth). The Holitzka booklet states: "It would be presumptuous to expect a sudden solution to all problems with just one roll of the dice. The ground is still shaking under you: you must carefully create a foundation enabling you to bear the load."

4 comments:

  1. Life can feel so brutal and yes I agree you feel like the world should stop and grieve. The important part for me is " you must carefully create a foundation enabling you to bear the load." Love this post Bev and such a beautiful card in combination with the I Ching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. :) These two beautiful decks have been lovely to work with so far!

      Delete
  2. I am so much more affected by the sorrows of life since having my own children. I don't always know if it is a blessing or a curse, as tears spring to my eyes reading your post. Good luck building that foundation, Bev.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Motherhood does have a great effect on the lens through which you view the world, doesn't it?

      Delete