I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Be the Tortoise, Not the Hare

From the Tarot of the Masters, the Knight of Pentacles; from the Key to the Kingdom, the "Seven of Hearts:"
          As I sit with an ice pack on my back, I'm looking out the window at the bright green foliage in the yard. The thought crossed my mind that maybe I could do something outside today... But then the least impulsive of the knights showed up to suggest that cautiousness is the better way. If I want my body to heal, I've got to take things slow and not be in such a rush. The plants won't pull up roots and run off without me to tend them. As if to further make a point, the murdered Cock Robin makes an appearance. The Seven of Hearts reminds me of the Seven of Cups; the choices I make now will have consequences later. I suppose I worry that when the intense heat of summer arrives, I won't have the enthusiasm I do now for yard work. But if I don't take care of my body, it won't make a difference either way.

Edited to add some photos to appease my inner gardener:





Native red honeysuckle, potted ferns and flowers under dogwood, mondo grass around laceleaf Japanese maple, bark pathway, bird corner, sycamore tree with hydrangeas underneath.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, is that your garden? Either way, the pictures are beautiful! Hope you managed to enjoy taking it easy, Bev :) I practiced piano a bit today, just fingering mostly as the little one kept joining in. Still, it was mellow and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes it is my garden/yard. :D My favorite place to be in the spring and fall! Glad you and the little one found some "play" time in your schedule. :)

      Delete
  2. Yikes, I was going to say "This is your garden?" but Chloe beat me to it. My eyes pop and I start muttering about tasteful statuary and bird corner and Japanese Maples which are not hardy in Deadsville, Ontario.

    THIS IS YOUR GARDEN????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is my Eden. :D I have three Japanese laceleaf maples planted underneath the sycamore along the outskirts of its branches. They grow very slowly - this one is well over thirty years old but still small. I'll have to post another photo of the hydrangeas when they're in bloom. In the bird corner is an old birdfeeder (50 plus years) that belonged to my grandmother. The tall, dark green leaves along the porch are cast iron plants that came from her house (and some oak leaf hydrangeas and daylilies as well that are in front yard). It is like having her still with me. :)

      Delete
  3. Just returned home form my mother and I was amazed by your pictures. This is definitely a part of Eden. It shows the love you've given it and may be the sacrifices too :D
    I hope your back is getting better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen. :) My back is slowly getting better with rest (which is not what I'm very good at doing!). I hope you had a wonderful visit with your mom!

      Delete