I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Refilling Tanks

From the Songs for the Journey Home, the Four of Flame Songs (Wands); from the Raven Cards, "Wellspring:"
          When I start an enjoyable project, I have a tendency to become like a high-speed, wind-up toy. My frenetic, non-stop activity will eventually cause me to collapse; the minds and bodies of humans aren't meant for such unrelenting pursuits. The creators of the SJH deck suggest we pause and pay attention to our natural energy levels. As the levels wane, we can rest and enjoy what's been accomplished so far. When the levels begin to rise again, we can jump back in with renewed vitality.
          The Raven Card speaks of a wellspring waiting to flow. A wellspring is the source of a river or stream from which the water flows. Everyone has such a source that replenishes and refills them. For some it may be nature, for others it may be art or a spiritual practice like meditation. But when I am in the middle of that frenetic activity, it seems counterproductive to stop. Yet if I was driving around town running errands, I wouldn't allow my car to run out of gas, so why would I let my human self do so?

2 comments:

  1. It is also hard for me to stop and pause when I am in the middle of something. Especially with something mundane as housework. I have to force my self to take a break and drink a cup of coffee. Sometimes my girls have to stop me from running around like a mad woman. And all this for the sake of getting ready to do the things I really love. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked for five hours in the yard yesterday (which was probably too much), but I did find myself pausing to rest here and there and do some bird watching. I suppose that's progress! :)

      Delete