I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Deal With It

From the Fairytale Tarot, the Seven of Coins; from the Tree Affirmation Cards, the "Monkey Puzzle:"
          The story of "The Brave Little Taylor" tells of an ordinary man who makes use of what he has, both in resources and quick thinking. He manages to escape being killed by a couple of giants as well as a group of assassins sent by the King. Likewise, I am asked to take an objective view of how I am using my resources - not just money, but my time and energy too - and how these expenditures are affecting me. From an accountant's perspective, am I in the red or the black? As we're on the downhill slope towards the holidays, I need to be paying attention to these ledgers. The monkey puzzle tree was so named because of it's great height (130 ft.) and because of the complex symmetry of its leaves. Lewis assigns it the keyword "logic," a term that suggests there is a solution to whatever has me puzzled. The downside to such reasoning is I might not like the answer, because it may require me to change my plans and rework my ideas.
Absence of problems
   does not lead to happiness.
     Dealing with them does. 
― J. Benson

5 comments:

  1. I like the quote This will remind us not to bury our heads in the sand and try to cope with stress of the coming holidays by ticking off boxes on our lengthy todo lists one by one by one... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes just making a start, taking that first step, is all we need to get the ball rolling! :)

      Delete
  2. Hakuna Matata.:) my new sunflower! I love my cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suddenly I'm hearing Doris Day singing:
      Que sera, sera / Whatever will be, will be
      :)

      Delete
  3. That last pithy quote cuts to the quick, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete