I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Scourge of the Earth

From the Dark Goddess Tarot, the Ten of Air (Swords); from the Tattwa Cards, "Ether: Seed of Ether:"
          The Erinyes are commonly known as the Furies, goddesses bent on vengeance and retribution. They afflicted the damned of the underworld as well as the evil doers of the upper world. There have been times in my life when I was so full of self-righteousness, so sure that my view of the world was Truth, I have picked up that scourge. Yet what happens to those I've left bleeding from the words of my sharp tongue? Surely their ears are forever closed to me; there will be no more discussions and sharing of ideas. Even worse is that sinking feeling of shame when I realize the distortion of my conclusions or my unkind methods of communication. It can be awfully hard to rebuild a burned bridge.
          Ether can also be referred to as "space," and this double dose of it is assigned the keyword "rebirth." It suggests learning from the past, plowing under the field, and replanting again with new seed. Before I go cleanse the earth of its "wrong" beliefs and ideals, I would do well to remember that in a world of impermanence, even facts can change. Sharing my thoughts with calmness, gentleness and compassion might reach more ears than my earlier strategy.
Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.
~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


1 comment:

  1. although we can't rebuild the burned bridges, we can be more kind and understanding to others we encounter on our life's journey. That way we can make up for our past mistakes. Remember we are all one :)

    ReplyDelete