I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, April 8, 2016

Mutual Benefit

From the Tarot of the Crone, the Sun; from Transforming Dragons, Levornoc:
 I am your Bright Shadow.
I am the Goodness you've denied.
          I'm bone-weary with a migraine hangover this morning and feel like I've been baptized in the charnel grounds of the dead and dying. After dragging myself out of bed, I was extremely grateful to see this sunny lady show up in my daily draw. The words of Lorenzi-Prince seem written specifically for me: "After all the suffering in the world, it's time not to add to it one ounce. When the Sun comes out, it's okay to be happy." The heavy issues of late can easily transform me into Eeyore, believing any joy and laughter are out of place. Which is where Levornoc, the Dragon of Guilt comes into play. The finger-wagging (and tail pointing) comes out when the "shoulds" aren't met. It's amazing what kind of standards our own expectations can create. But I'll do my best today to focus on the light instead of the darkness, and try to notice those small things worth smiling about. Because, as L-P points out, "When the Sun shines, everyone benefits."

6 comments:

  1. I can relate to the guilt part. I used to think I wasn't allowed to have fun when my DH was there to be a part of it. Luckily I've learned to quiet down those strict parental inner voices
    I hope you will feel better soon my dear friend. Sending you beams of sunlight to add to your own
    Ps Sunglasses are mandatory :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those sunny beams, my friend. :) I'm going to be using "when the sun shines, everyone benefits" as my mantra today.

      Delete
  2. ((()))
    Guess what I discovered yesterday. $550 dollars to put the date on mom's headstone. Hokeysmokes Bullwinkle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy toledo, are they blinging the date with diamonds and rubies?

      Delete
  3. I love that Sun card. Enjoy your day and bask in the Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete