I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, June 17, 2016

Bending Rules

From the Sheridan Douglas Tarot, the Emperor; from the Pages of Shustah, the Spying Page:
 Rules are in place for a reason; stop trying to weasel around them.
"No" is a complete sentence. ~ Anne Lamott

7 comments:

  1. You? Been weaseling? Say it isn't so Joe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I think I'm the one with the weasel baton... :)

      Delete
  2. I like that "No' is a sentence quote. Sometimes when I say NO others keep on and I have to ask, "What part of NO, did you not understand." Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lamott just has a way of saying things succinctly and with humor. :)

      Delete
  3. That came out all wrong. I am just a bit worried about you! And I hope you are alright
    gentle comforting hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understood what you meant, my friend. I've come down with some kind of flu-like virus that has laid me low. I just haven't had the energy to do my usual wordy blogging, so I thought I'd do the "fortune cookie" style until I was feeling more myself. :)

      Delete
    2. That is not so strange after everything you've been through. Take your time my dear. ☺

      Delete