I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Don't Know Mind

From the Shining Tribe Tarot, the Place of Trees (Page of Wands); from the Animal Tiles, Owl:
          The labrys (double-headed ax) was a symbol the goddess in ancient Crete and was associated with the beginning of creation. Pollack suggests it's symboism the Page has chosen her element (wands/fire) and has begun to study and practice it. This Page has entered a new place in her life that will allow her to use her creative talents she develops along the way. Wholehearted enthusiasm and the desire to make a difference will sustain her in the work ahead. It seems appropriate that Owl has flown in, since the Page is at the learning stage and this bird was connected to Athena, the goddess of wisdom. According to folklore the owl illuminated Athena's blind side, revealing unseen truths to her. I think there is a natural tendency to be so fired up when first delving into something, that we may think that we know and understand more than we actually do. What I think I know may block the actual truth.
Not-knowing means not being limited by what we know, holding what we know lightly so that we are ready for it to be different. Maybe things are this way. But maybe they are not.
Gil Fronsdal

10 comments:

  1. Your cards remind me of being younger and the younger now. All that energy to go out into the world to find their place, and the wisdom of their elders (parents-owl)ignored. Each must find their own way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think a lot of young people think their ideas are more "relevant and modern" than their elders, so most wisdom goes in one ear and out the other.

      Delete
    2. Most doesn't even go it to their ears, it didn't mine when I was younger. When young we/they cannot even imagine that the 'old' people have a clue.

      Delete
  2. And now we are older sometimes it seems like many options are lost along the way. But when we embrace this youthful energy inside us a lot might still be achieved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much youthful energy in me today - I spent most of yesterday in the emergency room after a young woman (talking on her cell phone) totaled my car. I'm lucky to be only bruised and battered at the speed she was going. Air bags can pack a punch!

      Delete
    2. O my dear! What a frightful event! I am so happy to hear you are okay.It is such a dangerous habit to phone while driving. What was she thinking. Probable nothing! Stupid woman!
      Take good care of yourself and Gentle hugs ((Bev))

      Delete
    3. She was a young girl - hopefully it was a lesson she learned something from!

      Delete
    4. So glad to hear you are not hurt.

      Delete
  3. Oh boy Bev, you ARE having one of those years. Take care of yourself until the aches, bruises, and shock go away.

    Darn, I'm so sorry this happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If someone asked me my race, I think I might have to tell them "purple," lol. The odd thing is, I am scared to drive again (not that I can at the moment - the swelling and bruising will have to go down before I can wear a seatbelt.). I guess if I had caused the wreck, I would conclude I needed be more alert and careful. But in this case, it was random, something over which I had no control.

      Delete