I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, July 28, 2016

On Empty

From the Norse Tarot, the Five of Discs; from the Wolf Pack, Respect:
          In this card, a man, woman and baby (under the woman's cloak) struggle against the wind and cold. I can't imagine living anywhere that has winters like this; I was born and raised in a climate that only drops below freezing a few weeks out of the year. Waking up to snow on the ground here would be akin to waking up in Dorothy's Oz. The kind of cold this family is enduring seems hellish, and it makes me pause and take stock of the physical side of my life. Finances are okay, and my body is definitely getting better. But my energy? The needle is definitely on the empty mark, mostly due to sleep issues. I'm avoiding what I know could cause insomnia (caffeine, blue screens, etc.), but things have been so hectic and busy that I haven't had time to pause and pursue a proactive approach. The Respect card suggests that I start being more serious about the care of my body. While the lack of sleep might not kill me, it surely can cause me to make choices that affect my finances and body in a negative manner. I wonder if Aretha Franklin ever made a song entitled R-E-S-T-N-O-W. I sure could use some instructions.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you don't sleep well It must be exhausting. I don't have a secret to share. I get pills for that on prescription. I know, one day I'll have to try to sleep without them but not now, not yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried tons of herbal suggestions and things like melatonin. I think this must just be a menopausal symptom, as I don't have anything worrisome keeping me awake.

      Delete
  2. I have issues with sleep patterns and have added, deleted, changed, and restructured my routine and intake to no avail. I don't want to die for the secret either so I will just endure like those people in the five of pentacles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to have to try 5 minute cat naps when I can fit them in. I don't imagine it will last forever.

      Delete