I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, July 31, 2016

You've Only Got Two Hands

This week I'll be using the Llewellyn Tarot, a book and deck set created by Anna-Marie Ferguson and published by Llewellyn. The oracle deck I'll be using is the Beasts of Albion, a deck and book set created by Miranda Gray and published by Aquarian. Today's draws are the Knight of Pentacles and the Goose:

          I completely understand this detail-oriented knight. I'm the kind of person who wants to read the instruction book and lay out all the pieces in an orderly fashion before assembling anything. If I'm planting herbs, I'm going to do a bit of research on their sun and soil requirements beforehand, then I'll prepare the beds in advance of their purchase. Folks like us don't get in a hurry, because we want to do our jobs well, not half-assed. But look at Goose giving that knight the eye. Have you ever been chased by a goose after crossing into their territory unawares? If so, you'll understand the aggressive protection this bird symbolizes. But what could the dutiful, loyal knight need to be defended from? James Ricklef (Pithy Tarot) suggests some wisdom the Knight of Pentacles would be wise to heed: "Be cautious about making a commitment, but when you do, be unshakable in keeping it." In other words, the knight needs to make sure his loyalty doesn't cause him to overextend himself. If he does, he won't be able to fulfill any of his commitments with his usual efficiency and reliability.

6 comments:

  1. I have been chased by a goose. Even though it can't really hurt you, you back off. I wonder if that is the look the goose is giving the knight. "back off buddy'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably warning him not to bite off more than than he can chew, so to speak. :)

      Delete
  2. the goose has two sticks though, perhaps our frog has mutated further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the crossed spears seem to be more of a warning than an encouragement.

      Delete
  3. "The knight needs to make sure his loyalty doesn't cause him to overextend himself." I suspect this is personal experience talking ? :)
    Would you recommend buying this deck? It has been on and off my wishlist for so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeedy.:D
      I love watercolor decks, and this one is a beauty. The only drawback for me is that the cards sort of warp a bit instead of staying completely flat.

      Delete