I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, December 23, 2016

Heart Imprint

From the Oriental Tarot, the Six of Coins; from the Art of Asia, "Deer on Mount Wakaba" by Konoshima Okoku:
           As I look at the way the flower and the vines separate the coins, I notice divisions into single coins and those of two. It can be easy to think that resources should be evenly divided among everyone, but that would be naive. Discernment is needed. Some folks need more, others need less and some just don't need to be enabled in their irresponsibility. Yet no matter what is given, I think what is important can be summed up by a Nigerian proverb: “It is the heart that does the giving; the fingers only let go.” The Deer card is paired with a quote by Mary Oliver: "This is the wish that the deer would not lift their heads and leap away, leaving me there alone." There are moments so special and beautiful, that we almost hold our breath, trying to keep them with us forever. But we don't need to worry about photographing them; all such moments leave an imprint on the heart, even moments of sincere generosity.

4 comments:

  1. Pictures taken with our heart are the most colorful. They even have smell and sounds to go with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true; I have memories in which I can recall from all my senses. :)

      Delete
  2. Six of pentacles usually remind to share what I can. Maybe with the deer to share in some kind of conservation effort. Maybe plant more trees to offset the Greenhouse effect. I love your Art of Asia cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharing is what this season is about to me! :)
      I love Asian Art, so I had a good time putting this together.
      I can't tell you how many times I've been overwhelmed this week and thought "abracadabra," which made me remember to pause and be grateful. I appreciate you sharing that on your blog!

      Delete