I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Leave the Swords Behind

From the Cosmic Tarot, the Six of Swords; from L'Oeil de Lotus, Interdiction:
          This dancer, in a type of arabesque pose, could almost be a weather vane. His back arm and leg point toward a pole with a caduceus on top. An article I recently read stated that this symbol was used during Roman times like a white flag (an emblem of peace or neutrality); the bearer using it could deliver a message to the enemy without being harmed. In 1902, the Surgeon General chose it rather than the Staff of Asklepios (a symbol of healing) for himself and the US Army Medical Corps to signify them as noncombatants. It is interesting that the Six of Swords represents a movement in attitude and thought, yet the Interdiction card (with a sign that says 'Road Closed') indicates preventing the movement of someone or something. Perhaps it is a message to look at how I turn and move away - my motive for leaving. Does my departure look like someone huffing, stomping their feet and slamming the door on the way out? Are there any hints of passive-aggression? The swords on the ground (an agenda) suggest I leave empty-handed, without slashing anything or anyone on the way out.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe the pose with the dancer's perfect pointed toes and hands makes him an extension of the swords at his feet, and his body the hilt of those swords.
    I could never hold that pose, even when I was a young gal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love ballet, but I don't think I would've had the patience and discipline to learn it when I was young.

      Delete