I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Room for All

From the Nature Spirit Tarot, Death; from the Australian Wildflower Reading Cards, the Lemon Myrtle:
          Herzel writes, "We have to be prepared to let things go, thereby embracing the undeniable impermanence of life." Release allows for transformation. Endings allow for new beginnings. The blackbird is dying, but the green bottle fly will lay its eggs in the carcass (changing dead matter into something living). As the yew's massive trunk begins to die, its branches lower to the ground, allowing them to take root and develop into another tree. Yet unless there is great pain, welcoming the death or ending of anything is not easy. We cling and grieve for what is passing away. The Lemon Myrtle is named for its strongly scented leaves; fully grown, it can reach 2 to 3 meters in height. If planting several together, they are going to require space, which is this plant's keyword. Both of these cards together remind me of two quotes from Pema Chodron (When Things Fall Apart):


The healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy.

Letting there be room for not knowing is the most important thing of all. When there's a big disappointment, we don't know if that's the end of the story. It may just be the beginning of a great adventure. Life is like that. We don't know anything. We call something bad; we call it good. But really we just don't know.

10 comments:

  1. I kind of like that portrayal of Death. I really like the Sun peaking between the columns of Death and Life. I love the streaking rays of The Sun as they stream through the cloud cover. The gray curtain of death parts and life returns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do too. It shows both the sorrow and joy, the endings and beginnings.

      Delete
  2. endings and beginnings and give me space in the meantime.
    I really like this deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll miss using it and will look forward to it coming back around in rotation. :)

      Delete
  3. lately I have been rereading and relistening to the wisdom of Pema Chodron. What she teaches is so simple and yet so challenging. I can't help but wonder if this has something to do with going through that gate I wrote about yesterday These quotes and you cards perfectly align with my Eihwaz (death) rune and Temperance card for today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her teachings clicked a light bulb on in my head where there had been a dark corner before. But as you said, they may be simple but they aren't easy!

      Delete
  4. "Letting there be room for not knowing is the most important thing of all." This was the takeaway I had recently in a reading and it rang true. It feels particularly important right now on a global level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing (nationally and globally).

      Delete
  5. Loved this post and quote. Reminds me how 'not knowing' not second guessing, not predicting is considered a weakness in the business world. But actually it can be beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminding myself that I just don't know can help release the knot of anxiety in my stomach when fear or frustration has me in its grip. I can plan, but I have no Magic 8 Ball that can accurately predict what might happen.

      Delete