I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, January 6, 2017

Some Things Can't Be Fixed

From the Tarot of the Secret Forest, the Five of Cups; from the Faeries Oracle, the Topsie-Turvets:
          This is one of the few cards that show humans in this deck. Here the earth seems to have crumbled between two people, creating a chasm. All relationships are based on some common ground, whether it is shared interests (a cause, commitment or a hobby), similar religious or political beliefs, mutual values or the same bloodline. The ribbon that kept these two together has broken, and now they go their separate ways. I've experienced this loss among a few friends as the gap between our values and ideas widened until a collapse happened. It makes me sad that we can't simply agree to disagree, but I am powerless over their decision. The Topsie-Turvets show up to suggest looking at things from a different view (I keep hearing "turn that frown upside down!"). They suggest challenging assumptions and encourage me to see things as they really are instead of how I want them to be. When I can do that, I'll move away from the cliff and toward emotional contentment.

6 comments:

  1. These cards seem rather dark and broody. I guess a breakup would do that and the constant chattering of those gnomes "what ifs" would make anyone reconsider their choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess life can be a bit dark sometimes, but the gnomes have the right idea - accept what is and move on. :)

      Delete
  2. Often, when you are able to move on after a break up there is room for something/somebody new (The two cups standing upright in the RWS)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if we don't know how we want things to be there wouldn't be any movement except accidental ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless you fall in line and do what everyone else is doing?

      Delete