I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, July 10, 2017

Living from the Heart

From the Tarot of the Absurd, the Ten of Cups; from the Post-psychedelic Cyberpunk, the Tower:
          A happy little family spends time together inside the sacred space of their home. The five cups on each side symbolize the balance of partnership between the man and woman. There are two practices that keep those cups stacked up neatly rather mindlessly tossed about: generosity of the heart and gratitude. Without them, relationships quickly begin to crumble. The Tower in this deck has more to do with ego than a lightning bolt moment. Just look on any social media platform, and it's easy to see the emphasis on accumulating 'friends' or 'followers' has absolutely nothing to do with actual relationships. In partnerships, such self-centeredness will convince one person that their needs and wants are more important than anyone else. Self-absorption will eventually place a person high above everyone else in the top of that tower, yet the price paid will be alienation and loneliness.
Living from the ego is painful and exhausting. It’s like feeding a hungry monster that’s never satisfied. In contrast, generosity requires that we open our hearts to the world and each other. We accept that in life there are challenges, and we meet these challenges with humility, patience, and compassion. This is the work of the spiritual warrior, to open our hearts and allow ourselves to be vulnerable. ~ Cindy Ricardo


6 comments:

  1. I have over 2000 followers on Instragram, mostley shops and people who want to sell their services. O my, I wouldn know what to do with 2000 "friends"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'd rather have a few close friends that I can open up to and share what's on my heart than a million of those social media friends!

      Delete
  2. I've never even made it to instantgram or twitter. no friends on facebook. Alone in Kalama :) has't killed me yet. But I know the non-participation is a choice. Sometimes people long for friends, need friends and none are to be found. Funny old world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging is the only social media thing I do. I don't have a large net of friends, but there are times when I do like to have some one-on-one time with some of them. :)

      Delete
  3. That is an interesting Tower. My question is where is the remaining wrap around stairs? Did the issue just begin on the backside of the Tower?

    ReplyDelete