I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Pause, Preen then Proceed with Wisdom

From the Tarot of the Master, the World; from the Paracelsus Oracle, Via:
          The World always feels like a long-held breath is finally released, and there is both a mix of ease and elation. With completion there is closure (like Death), but with the World it is because choice and effort have brought about this conclusion. The fixed signs of the Leo and Taurus bear banners with the seasons on them, while Aquarius and Scorpio hold a wreath of fruiting and flowering plants. It is harvest time, but like all seasons, it won't last forever. Via literally means 'way,' as in a path toward a destination. It seems appropriate since the lovely lady in the wreath can't stand on that stage forever. The deck also adds the keyword 'wisdom' to this card, suggesting that it would be wise to be guided by prudence and the experiences of others before taking off down that new road.
Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won't have time to make them all yourself. 
~Alfred Sheinwold

6 comments:

  1. It is always tempting to stick around where you feel comfortable for too long. But then again it is also important not to jump into the next cyle of learning or creating right away. Rest en Rejoice have to come first

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that pause is important in order to honor what has been completed and consider what was learned along the way. We have such an 'entertainment mentality' that we often want to rush into the next adventure.

      Delete
  2. the Paracelsus is above my pay grade... but fun watching what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you know me... I use it as I want to, not probably as it was intended to be used. :D

      Delete
  3. The two cards together really make me thing of the song
    "I Did It My Way"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what song will be playing in my head today! :)

      Delete