I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Rationally Consider the Irrational

This week I'll be using the Tarot of the Absurd, created and self-published by Jessica Rose Shanahan. I'll also be using another self-published deck, the Post-psychedelic Cyberpunk by Masha Falkov. The draws for today are The Moon and 'The Virus:'
          A mother eating her child is a disturbing image, although in the world of animals it happens frequently. Often the baby is sick and won't live, or the mother is undernourished and can't nurse it. Yet this isn't real life, but the unconscious sending up a signal through symbolism. The Moon's message is never literal because that is not the language it speaks. The Cyberpunk card shows a virus - a tiny bit of genetic material inside an encapsulating shell. It just sits there until it finds a suitable host, and then they infect and take over cells like pirates raiding a ship. There are similar 'viruses of the mind,' thoughts just waiting for a person to invite them in (like opening an infected link in a computer). Instead of inviting in paranoia, I need to rationally consider the irrational. Whatever is playing out in my dreams likely has an emotional base that my unconscious has written a story around. The story isn't true, but the feelings are valid.
The general function of dreams is to try to restore our psychological balance by producing dream material that re-establishes, in a subtle way, the total psychic equilibrium.
~ Carl Jung

4 comments:

  1. I always tape a piece of paper over the camera lens on my laptops, blocking any potential looky-loo's. To not do so invites some unknown voyeur into your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anyone is able to do that from my computer, they would be bored to tears. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I have missed your writing while being offline....We can choose whether or not to be a host for viruses of the mind - I will remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is too full of real things to worry about to let my imagination run wild and create irrational things to worry about, lol.

      Delete