I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, July 21, 2017

The Knowledge of True Importance

From the Tarot of the Master, the High Priestess; from the Paracelsus Oracle,
          The keyword for this tarot card is 'knowledge' and is symbolized by the open book. In Reading the Marseille Tarot, Jean-Michel David suggests a connection between La Papessa and Lectio Divina (Divine Reading), a practice of scriptural reading, reflection and prayer. This type of meditative reading requires receptiveness, patience and trust that insight will unfold. The purpose was not just a divine connection through a word or an idea but for a revelation that opened the heart. In my wheelhouse, this would relate to bodhicitta, an awakened heart and mind. Acquisitio means 'beneficial gain;' it is given the additional meaning of 'ties or bond.' Would you rather have more money than you know what to do with, or genuine friends to share your life with? When I can sink below the rush of daily activities and all my plans, I find that some things are more important than others.

2 comments:

  1. Divine reading... sometimes when I read a passage that really speaks to me I get chills and goosebumps all over. Words do have that effect on me.
    Most important... Love, in any form whatsoever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the first step, to let the words open our heart. Then we take action with our heart open. A bit scary... :)

      Delete