I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, August 6, 2017

I've Got You

This week I'll be working with the Sasuraibito Tarot, self-published by Stasia Burrington. I'll also be using Soul Cards 1 & 2, created by Deborah Koff-Chapin and published through her company, Center for Touch Drawing. The Soul Cards have no titles, so the ones given here are my own. Today's draws are the Three of Cups and Creative Support:
What a lovely card for the Three of Cups. Whether a community of like-minded people or a few close friends, we all need a self-chosen tribe to celebrate our accomplishments and milestones with. Burrington writes in the companion booklet that no matter what kind of group it is, the positive feelings are the same: "feeling like you belong; feeling loved, secure, supported and cherished." The hard part is that we generally have to seek and reach out to these people, yet the deep trust found in these friendships is worth any effort. In the Soul Card, I see a guardian with one arm protecting a child as the child reaches upward. Here again is another reason to have a tribe - support. Whether we are stretching our creative talents or moving on from a loss, it is comforting and encouraging to have a cheering section. Instead of "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine," this is the unconditional statement, "I've got your back."

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've heard that saying before, but didn't know what 'six' was referencing until I looked it up:
      "The saying originated with World War I fighter pilots referencing the rear of an airplane as the six o'clock position."

      Delete
  2. Those kind souls who cheer us on through life's transitions or even join us for the journey are precious friends indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the thought of finding one's tribe. Where do we belong changes as we change; from our Mother's arms, to the other children on the playground, to lovers and new families.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it would make sense that as we change, our tribes would too; I imagine that would also work in reverse.

      Delete