I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Resource Responsibility

From the Ellis Deck, the King of Pentacles; from the Brownies Oracle, Temptation:
There is still a lot of the hardworking Knight in this King (notice the new tree sprout he is nurturing in one hand). The boar that was his trusted steed in younger years has passed away, and the King (who wastes nothing) now uses its hide as a cloak to honor it. Having known what it is like to be in need, he is a benevolent man. Yet he wants to see what has been given used wisely, or no more resources will be handed out. To him, these resources aren't just 'things,' but part of the kingdom he protects. The Brownies have their noses pressed up against the toy shop window, planning what they will buy (or steal). It makes me think of the phrase about money 'burning a hole in one's pocket.' Just because we have it, doesn't mean we need to spend it all. But watch what happens when someone receives a tax refund, gets a winning lotto ticket or a new credit card. Self-indulgence is more often the result rather than fiscal accountability. The King would suggest enjoying a few of the fruits but taking care of debts and saving some for later.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad I am not a big spender: It is good for my savings account and I appreciate what I do buy for myself so much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the older generations are more this way than the younger ones. I was raised by depression-era grandparents who believed in living comfortably but also simply without waste. Thankfully it rubbed off on me!

      Delete
  2. and there I was with my finger poised over the Grand Etteila that Sharyn has been blogging with this week. Saved in the nick of time :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, I might need to print out and put this post on the computer monitor for myself!

      Delete