I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Finding Shelter

From the Granny Jones Australian Tarot, the Five of Wands; from the Button Oracle, Oasis:
          Since there's no bus, boat or airplane service, this poor fellow is having to walk. The journey is all uphill, and it's raining. He's had to leave behind his fun (music and art) just to make it up that steep incline. I've had days and weeks like this card. I don't dare ask what's on the other side of the hill because I'm afraid I will discover it's a mine field. When life is filled with struggles and challenges, it's easy to give up hope and develop an Eeyore state of mind. Wading in the muck, I forget that things will eventually change (even when there's no obvious sign of it). The Oasis Button represents a sanctuary in the midst of a desert, and so its keywords are refuge and safe haven. The quote with it is from Christopher Forrest McDowell: "Sanctuary, on a personal level, is where we perform the job of taking care of our soul." When I am focused on getting over the hill in front of me, on getting past the difficult situation, I can completely forget to take care of myself. Yet even when there is no outward refuge, I can create one in my mind. When life gets crazy, where do you find shelter?
photo by Alina Kurbiel


6 comments:

  1. cute photo. To look at her from the front we might think she is just doing duck survival things. To see fowl with dibbuns is to reassure us the world will continue, even without us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the little, innocent ones that give me hope. :)

      Delete
  2. This is what I love so much about our blog circle. Reading your post reminded me of my small (fictionay) cabin in the forest with in the back garden a hidden path towards the ocean. I have to go there very soon to do some dusting and decluttering. And then, when I'm done I am going to put the kettle on and I am going to enjoy a nice cup of tea on my bench in front of my litte house probable with some chocolate on the side :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a very relaxing and enjoyable afternoon at your cabin! :)

      Delete
  3. That is a lovely photo. I cannot climb those hills anymore to find shelter, but look to others now to help. I have learned it does take a village.

    ReplyDelete