I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Preparation and Acceptance

From the Buckland Romani, the Nine of Koshes (Staves); from the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards, Cha Wakan (Tree of Life):
          This fellow has quite a few branches from which he is making koshes (whips). It's not like he doesn't have some already, but he knows he could probably sell a few and have some for back-ups in case the one he uses breaks. The Nine of Staves is about being alert and prepared. Here is wisdom that has come from experience; while there's no need to panic, it does help to have a plan that is ready to be put into action. My eye is on Irma today, as it appears to be making its way to our side of the street. Tropical Storm Alberto was a wake-up call in 1994 for us; our river rose 24 feet over flood stage and covered an area the size of Massachusetts and Rhode Island combined. Coffins were unearthed, homes submerged, 450,000 acres of farmland were destroyed, and the lives of animals and people were lost. I won't worry, but I will get some things done just in case. The Tree of Life represents acceptance: circumstances beyond my control will happen (that I need to accept). But it also helps to recognize that I am connected to every living being (no matter how different we look on the outside). When I acknowledge that connection, it is much easier to reach out or in turn grab the hand that is extended when the there are hardships.


8 comments:

  1. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family and neigbors my dear Bev. You all have been through quite an ordeal already so I hope Irma will cut you some slack this time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are not so much concerned about winds from the hurricane here, but the flooding that could come from it. It's quite possible that it will turn sharply north and avoid the U.S. altogether which would be great!

      Delete
  2. I got side tracked by tsunami research, and then into the Montana floods which left scablands all across my state.
    Is this my dad is bigger than your dad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One bully is just like another... How's the smoke in your neck of the woods?

      Delete
  3. Those nine wands reminds me of the idiom, getting your ducks in a row. I thought of and will continue to do so since Irma is likely to barrel straight through Florida and head your way. Get ready, cause all those evacuees are going to come through and need gas, food, and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great saying for this card.😊
    We will likely get lots of rain and dislocated Floridians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you love. I hope all will be alright. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your well-wishes my friend. Looks like Florida is in for a wallop, so I'm about to contact my cousin who is there. We're right above Florida's panhandle, so we're in 'wait and see' mode.

      Delete