I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Begin Again

From the Gill Tarot, the Queen of Swords; from The Circle, Beginnings:
          Beside this Queen's throne is an alembic, an alchemical still used to distill chemicals from a solution. Like the alchemical apparatus, she purifies the information she receives and extracts essential information. She can soothe the lizard part of the brain (the brainstem, which is only concerned with avoiding harm) long enough to see if there are logical reasons to be concerned. We've got another tropical system headed our way (Nate), and because I'm physically and emotionally tired, my lizard brain is sending out a red alert. According to the Weather Channel it will likely arrive as a hurricane because of the warm waters it is traveling over, but it's intensity and landfall track is still very uncertain. The Queen would tell me to calm my 'lizard' by preparing, but also by taking care of my body's physical needs so the trickle of anxiety doesn't turn into a flood. The Beginnings card suggests I can change the track of my thoughts if I find them heading down dark tunnels. If I consider the facts instead of the 'what ifs,' I can begin again where there is light and clarity.

3 comments:

  1. In these circumstances I don't find it strange your lizard brain is taking over. I hope you can find a way to keep your calm and to give yourself the much needed rest
    Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly could turn another way or be just lots of rain with gusty winds. I keep trying to tell my lizard brain that, lol!

      Delete
    2. Nate may just bring the rain we need in the Ohio Valley. No rain here for weeks; the air needs a wash. Your area's dilemna, our area's hope. Even lizards need a little rain from time to time, hope your rainfall is not excessive again.

      Delete