I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, October 6, 2017

Building a Bridge

From the Gill Tarot, the Princess (Page) of Swords; from The Circle, Celebration:
          The Princess/Page is just as intelligent as her mother the Queen, but she hasn't acquired the wisdom of experience. In particular, she needs to learn how to respectfully communicate with others (which in many cases means to control her tongue). Words can be powerful - just look at the way those poor trees bend away from her. Speaking is not the same as communication; intimidation, manipulation and arrogance without listening is not an equal exchange of ideas. While the Page might initially get her way, those who give in won't do so willingly. At the first opportunity, those folks will be trying to take her down a notch. If she does learn to relate to others with kind regard, she will find she has more allies than adversaries. Then (like The Circle's card) she will have reason to celebrate.
I learned that a long walk and calm conversation are an incredible
combination if you want to build a bridge. ~ Seth Godin

4 comments:

  1. She sure does know how to clear a path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the rune Ansuz of Speech today as one of my more darker traits so I can identify with her quite well. Often I am tempted to use my skill with words to manipulate or dominate others. Perhaps that's why I love the Queen of Swords so much. Because she has learned to soften this aspect of herself with wisdom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I am tired, I often pop off and say things in a non-diplomatic way. Even if it is true, no one hears it because of the delivery.

      Delete