I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, October 20, 2017

Running the Show

From the Tarot de St. Croix, the Hanged Man; from the Archetype Cards, the 'Virgin:'
          St. Croix suggests the Hanged Man represents seeing things from a different perspective, thus allowing the willingness to surrender to the reality of what is. This card always reminds me of an analogy from AA's text:
Each person is like an actor who wants to run the whole show; is forever trying to arrange the lights, the ballet, the scenery, and the rest of the players in his own way. If his arrangements would only stay put, if only people would do as he wished the show would be great. Everybody, including himself, would be pleased. Life would be wonderful.
The Hanged Man's message is that no matter how good of a director I am, I will never be able to control the show. Yet the good news is that when I put down my bullhorn and walk away from the director's chair, life gets easier and less stressful. My mind can calm down and my heart can open up. The Virgin archetype symbolizes a purity of heart - having no hidden motives or agendas. It implies acting with integrity and speaking with candor without nominating myself as "She Who Must Be Obeyed."


13 comments:

  1. One of the most important lessons we humans have to learn and practice. Makes me think about the Serenity Prayer Bev. And some other adages I heard in the rooms." Who made you the general manager of the Universe." And when I think I'm in control of everything and everyone (but myself), I'm suffering from "Terminal Uniqueness".

    Thank you for this great post Bev <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for you comments, Catherine!
      I hope you are doing well. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Bev. Gettin' all Wintered up, you know got cord of wood delivered yesterday,that I'm looking forward to getting stacked in the garage. Got to clean up the garden and I like to do big Spring cleaning jobs in the Fall so I can be outside come Spring. I've been busy. Loving the Fall! This coming week I'm getting an antique spinning wheel big one for 90 bucks! My good friend gave me a Leclerc table loom! So I have my Winter projects lined up! Life is good!

      Hugs and much love to you! <3

      Delete
    3. Wow, you have been a busy bee getting ready for the colder weather that's coming. It's still in the mid 80sF here. I've always admired the skill of spinners and Weavers. Hope you have lots of fun and success with your new challenge!

      Delete
  2. I expect control is why I stopped drinking long ago. No control, loose cannon at large.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loose cannon was a good description of me - no filter and no common sense.

      Delete
  3. I focused on the "Light" from the Heart Center and then the hearts that are floating across the Virgin Card. It is best to lead and live from 'heart centeredness.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heart-centeredness you mentioned is a good point; you can't try to control the world and live from that space. :)

      Delete
  4. I feel the more self confident we are the less need we have to control others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly controlling ourselves is a big enough job in itself! :D

      Delete
  5. We can't control the world only ourselves...

    ReplyDelete