I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, November 3, 2017

But Here, Now...

From the Daniloff Tarot, the Nine of Cups; from the Kuan Yin Sticks, Verse 72:
          I love the look on this man's face of contented happiness. Perhaps it is the cornucopia over his head, but this feels more like gratitude than self-centered smugness. I just commented on Ellen's blog that I when things are good, I have to constantly say to myself, "But here, now..." I think some of us who have experienced chaotic childhoods or trauma as adults have a hard time enjoying 'what is' without waiting for the other shoe to drop. When I focus on such worries, I've missed out on two good things: the joy of the moment and the gratitude that follows. The Kuan Yin verse speaks directly to this:
Whoever hunts bees
for their honey,
Will feel their sting
from time to time.
Gain and loss, joy and sorrow go hand in hand. Yes, the good times won't always be great, but the reverse is also true. Tough times won't last forever either. My practice is to learn how to embrace it all without attachment or aversion.

4 comments:

  1. waiting for the other shoe to drop. Steals much freely offered joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your practice to learn how to embrace it without attachment or aversion is a good thing. The Wheel will always turn, or hopefully so, and we can hope to roll along with the ups and downs. To live fully in the moment, good or not so good is the lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on the same track again my dear friend. I will remember this phrase. It is small but it contains a world of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete