I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Feeding the Mind

From the Wayfarer Tarot, the Queen of Air (Swords); from A Curious Oracle, 'Alchemy:'
          The Queen of Air feeds a group of crows, each representing different ideas and bits of information. What do I feed my mind with on daily basis? Once I turn on the computer, I've got news from friends and family as well as news from the world at my fingertips. I attend several groups where people share opinions and beliefs, and I am always reading books and magazines to educate and develop myself. In a world over-run with a variety of media, it's easy to experience information overload; I must be aware of how much absorb, taking in only what is beneficial and leaving the rest behind. Alchemy is a medieval philosophy and early form of chemistry based on purifying, maturing and perfecting substances. Not only was it focused on base metals, but human consciousness as well. DeFount describes this card as an intentional rather than accidental transformation. What do I do with the knowledge I mix together in my head? Is it used to make me feel better about myself or smarter than other people (fertilizing my ego)? Knowledge that smugly sits stagnates; knowledge mindfully applied transforms. 

3 comments:

  1. What to do? Keep learning. What a surprise to find I was 'unfinished' regardless of piles and piles of knowledge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever think I've got all the knowledge I need, I'm toast. But I think I need to use it too...

      Delete
    2. You both can be one of my 'phone a friends' on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire

      Delete