I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, November 24, 2017

Make Your Own Meatloaf

From the Wayfarer Tarot, the Knight of Fire (Wands); from A Curious Oracle, the 'Crypt:'
          Nothing quite says 'adventurous' like riding atop a flying, small-engine plane while holding two torches aloft. The Knight of Wands is an adrenaline junkie; he thrives on daring feats and tackling impossible challenges. In his world, 'risk' is not a word spoken in hushed whispers, but yelled with enthusiasm from the rooftops (from which he will likely jump with a self-made parachute). Though his weaknesses are a lack of common sense and a failure to follow-through on projects, he can teach me to step outside my comfort zone and try something new. Of course I don't need to replicate this guy's definition of different and exciting; as I was telling a friend the other day, we each have to "make our own meatloaf." The Crypt card's keyword is 'slumber,' a recognition of what's missing from such a nonstop lifestyle and the physical and emotional toll it can take. Sometimes chaos and risky behavior can be a distraction from dealing with the hollowness or lack of purpose I feel inside, and then the adrenaline can truly become an addiction. It is only when I'm willing to pause and quiet myself that I can see what is missing. Then perhaps I can find a solution rather than a temporary escape from my distress.

No comments:

Post a Comment