I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Ride Your Own Wheel

From the Wayfarer Tarot, the Wheel of Fortune; from A Curious Oracle, 'Orange Grove:'
"The inventory was ours, not the other man's," says the Big Book on page 67. On the other hand, it is a time-honored axiom that we often see the faults in others that we ourselves have, so perhaps when we take someone else's inventory, we are really taking our own. ~ AA Grapevine

          The chaotic color and design outside this Wheel made me think of how often I focus on other people rather than attend to my own thoughts and actions. If I'm frustrated or unhappy, I often look outside myself to find someone else or a situation to blame it on. Yet these experiences may be mirrors that simply offer a reflection of me. For instance, I might judge someone as opinionated and inflexible, but an honest look within will show that I have issues that I'm just as stubborn about too. The Orange Grove has been assigned the keyword 'fidelity;' oranges have long been a symbol of love and marriage. Renaissance paintings of couples, such as Van Eyck's Arnolfini Portrait, sometimes have oranges placed discreetly in the background. This card suggests that I be true to myself by paying attention to what motivates me to think and act the way I do. That's enough of a job without worrying about why other people are the way they are.
Image result for thanksgiving
The Buddha encouraged us to think of the good things done for us by our parents, by our teachers, friends, whomever; and to do this intentionally, to cultivate it, rather than just letting it happen accidentally.Ajahn Sumedho
Happy Thanksgiving to All!

4 comments:

  1. that large wheel, with other wheels reminds me up close everything is big. Keeping in mind our wheel is one of millions and isn't big at all :)
    Robs first turkey dinner all on his own

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not there with him?
      It is good to remember my wheel is not the only one rolling along. :)

      Delete
    2. Happy Thanksgiving. Bright Blessings for you on this day and everyday the Wheel turns for you.

      Delete
    3. I hope your day if filled with much to get thanks for too, Carolyn. :)

      Delete