I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Spiritual Alterations

This week I'll be working with the Jolanda Tarot, created by Jolanda Den Tredjes with Hans Arnold and published by AGM Müller. I'll also be using the oracle set Bird Signs, created by G.G. Carbone with Mary Ruzicka and published by New World Library. The cards drawn today are Judgment and 'Crane:'
          In the Jolanda version of Judgment, a woman doesn't just awaken to the call of trumpets, she gives birth to a whole other being. She's gone from living life like a billboard - with her opinions and demands plastered everywhere - to seeing life clearly. No longer living in her head of ideas about how things should be, she's come back to a direct experience of being. She's undergone a profound alteration in how she previously reacted to life. The Whooping Crane, so named for its bugling call, is the tallest bird in North America. These monogamous birds perform an elaborate and energetic courtship dance, made even more impressive with their seven foot wingspan. Because of the crane's dance, it has been given the keyword 'celebration.' If I have some form of spiritual experience, I don't need to run about and try to impress the world with my new-found wisdom or vision. If that's how I respond, then I haven't really awakened at all. An inner celebration of gratitude might be a better, more humble choice.

8 comments:

  1. Letting go expectations how life is supposed to be,is a huge step towards a spiritual transformation and definitely cause for a "very private" party 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes sense to do it privately; we each have our own lessons to learn, and they may not be necessary for other people to learn. :)

      Delete
  2. you so clearly say what is only a muddle in my mind. It helps my poor broken brain to have you handy

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be in the moment is the only place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If my first few decks had represented judgement as awakening, renewal, rebirth or simply birth I'd be a lot further on with this card by now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it must be my Buddhist leanings. :D Never made sense to me until I looked at it that way.

      Delete