I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Unloading Heavy Burdens

From the Tarot of the Hidden Realm, the Star; from the Heart of Faerie Oracle, the 'Faerie of Naughtiness:'
          Moore writes that this elven lad wandered off in the forest to play and then became lost at nightfall. His weariness, hunger and fear came to a pause when he spotted a beautiful moth. He became lost in wonder and curiosity, forgetting all about his anxiety. Following the moth, he eventually found his way home. When I find myself in a place of fear and hopelessness, the last thing I want to do is pause. I tend to go into overdrive trying to find a solution. But it is only when I stand firmly in the present moment, still and quiet, that the way out of the forest occurs to me. It is that moment of calm that allows me to catch my breath, stop repeating what I've been doing and see with clarity what needs to be done. The Faerie of Naughtiness suggest I change the energy of a situation by doing something unexpected that will help lighten the moment. Laughter (though not at another's expense) is crucial if I don't want to get entangled in a web of my own stern and rigid seriousness. An overly stuffy and staid response will only add more weight to a heavy situation. Clarity comes when I stay in the 'now' and look for the humor amid the heaviness of life.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely thought, that the Moth helped the fairy find her/his way home. "It's a Sign!" The Universe is always watching over us, and will help us find a way, if we pay attention to the sign posts along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which generally means we have to be less self-absorbed to notice anything. :)

      Delete
  2. took 1/2 a century, but I've learned if I start a sentence with Well, I'd do well to swallow the word as it precedes unasked for and unwanted advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's like the 'yes, but' starts to conversation. :)

      Delete