I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Getting Unstuck

From the Transformational Tarot, the Prince (Knight) of Wands; from the Celtic Book of the Dead, the 'Island of the Rainbow Stream:'
          Ah, the fun-loving, risk-taking bad boy of the tarot court shows up today. He reminded me of the wildest ride I've ever been on in my life - on the back of a motorcycle doing speeds in excess of 90 mph while trying to outrun a police car (with neither of us wearing a helmet). The grown-up in me nearly hyperventilates at the memory. As an adult, I usually shake my head at this young man who lives for the moment, never thinking things through nor following through. But lately, I've had several people tell me they feel stuck in a rut, that they keep doing the same thing with the same result. Perhaps the Knight of Wand's purpose is to help us shake off our cobwebs and have some harmless, spontaneous fun just for the heck of it (my inner adult wants me to emphasize the 'harmless' part). The Celtic travelers saw a rainbow of leaping salmon upon coming to this island; even filling all their buckets with fish didn't seem to make a difference in the number. Had they been self-absorbed and felt victimized by their hunger, the men would never have made it to this island of abundance. Both these cards suggest that if I am frustrated with the status quo, I should stop waiting for life to change and do something different myself.

6 comments:

  1. I am at the same 'Start Line' as you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better to start something new than continue the same behavior expecting this time to be different.

      Delete
  2. Love this timely reading Bev. Great cards and combination.

    When I think about the things I did in the past, and though I wouldn't do them now, for a lot of reasons. I certainly don't regret any of them, because this experience was all part of my personal growth.

    Now as a soon to be 25 year old, in a 65 year old bod...really? I'm just as determined to meet my new challenges head on trying to prevent my psychological ruts and stickin' thinkin'. I've never been a status quo type so that helps a lot.

    Thanks for the morning pep talk! :) <3
    P.S Forever young Bev, and keep on rockin' in the free world!;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my new challenge is to age with grace and wisdom. I can't live life backward, but I don't want to stagnate either!

      Delete
  3. high 5's Bev, for surviving a similar run. Turns around and kicks my (Y) for being so blockhead stupid. Youth really is wasted on the young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a miracle that I survived the idiocy of my youth. A shame that common sense doesn't keep pace with growth spurt!

      Delete