I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Drop Anchor

From the Shining Tribe Tarot, the Ace of Stones (Pentacles); from the Animal Tiles, 'Bear:'
          This standing stone reminded me of the natural formation found in Australia known as Uluru. Sacred to the Aboriginees, Uluru stands less than a fourth of a mile tall yet extends over a mile and a half underground. The Shining Tribe companion book suggests anchoring oneself in ordinary things. Thinking may get a lot of credit in our culture, but concrete action is what will actually help secure and stabilize things. If the weather will cooperate, today may be a good day for digging in the soil; it is one of the best solutions for grounding my body, mind, and spirit. The Bear symbolizes strength, a stable foundation, and healing. Bear doesn't get in a hurry unless there is an emergency situation. She reminds me to go slow and seek progress rather than perfection. It's only when I believe that life must bend to my will that I become panicked. In the words of Baloo the Bear, "Don't spend your time looking around for something you want that can't be found."

4 comments:

  1. reminds me of a quote by Albert Einstein "nothing happens until something moves." Spring is upon you, get your hands in the soil. Nothing as satisfying as a job well done or for that matter just getting it done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the weather would cooperate, I'd be happy just to do some weeding. :) Nothing to accomplish but just 'be.'

      Delete
  2. Urulu was also Captain Bingington's nemesis.
    Amazing all the useless things my mind holds onto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me a minute to place Captain Bingington - McHale's Navy!

      Delete