I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, April 13, 2018

Nature's Pace

From the Shining Tribe Tarot, the Hanging Woman; from the Animal Tiles, 'Spider:'
          Everything has been put on hold in this woman's life. Instead of being busy, she listens in stillness. Surrender is not an easy mantle to wear, but once we place it on our shoulders, we can relax rather than fight the dish life has served us. Pollack suggests that we "attach ourselves to the rhythms of the universe." Control is not an option, but learning can be. Spider teaches both responsibility and patience. She asks, "What are you weaving in your life? Each thread in your web is a choice you have made, so why blame another?" Spider also knows that waiting (like the Hanging Woman) can have better results than trying to force something to happen. "Let things happen in their own time," she advises.
Don't cross the bridge til you come to it.      
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 

7 comments:

  1. The Hanged Man is a regular visitor in my life. It is good to hear her message again to day.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised it showed up, as my hands are tied on several issues that I would like to be in control of at the moment!

      Delete
    2. I hope you and yours are doing well???

      Delete
    3. Currently dealing with a misdiagnosis (that hopefully has since been corrected) and the handyman from hell, lol.

      Delete
    4. Sending you a comforting hug (((Bev)))

      Delete
  2. in retrospect, I have surrendered the wrong thing sometimes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it often means to stop butting my head against the wall, step back and get some perspective.

      Delete