I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, May 4, 2018

Expertise

From the Albano-Waite Tarot, the Eight of Pentacles; from the Rumi Cards, 'Fragrance:'
An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field. 
~Niels Bohr

          Why would a person devote years of study and practice to a single area? So they might understand deeply its inner workings and be able to help those who find themselves floundering in a sea of general knowledge without answers. We've all been there with health, home or other issues, holding a riddle that no one could seem to solve. Thank goodness for their commitment and focus that could one day be applied to finding solutions and explanations for others. Rumi's Fragrance card suggests that the Universe is tapping this hardworking fellow on the shoulder. Hopefully, he's not too riveted to notice. It may save him a lot of work fixing a mistake later on down the road.


8 comments:

  1. I love to watch someone who has mastered the craft, at work. A thing of beauty, wrapped in a human package

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always make it look so easy and effortless. :)

      Delete
  2. I truly admire these people their focus and determination
    Yet the first thing which came to mind when I saw these two cards was: Perhaps this hardworking guy needs deoderant.. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee - thank you for that laugh today! I needed it. :)

      Delete
  3. Some of the hardest lessons I've learned are from some of the easiest mistakes made without listening to the small quiet voice. Thankfully those hard lessons are behind me. I'm certain I'm an expert at making mistakes by now, but I can happily live with that, now that I'm older, wiser and discerning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mistakes are part and parcel of life, but understanding and discernment can be wonderful products from them. :)

      Delete