Saturday, September 12, 2026

In the Labyrinth

From the Sasuraibito Tarot, the Seven of Cups; from the Soul Cards, Searching the Past:



You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present. ―John Green

What do we think will fulfill us emotionally, that pie in the sky that will finally bring us contentment? As Green points out in the quote above, thinking about it is much easier than putting our feet in motion and our hands to work. Searching the Past cautions us to look back on previous choices to see how they panned out for us. Perhaps money and fame led to constant worry about losing them. Revenge was likely sweet for only a moment, followed by the fear of reprisal. As Shakespeare said, what's past is prologue- if we learn from it, we can chart our future with clarity and wisdom.

2 comments:

  1. All week you’ve been using this deck I keep thinking “saucy burrito tarot” because that’s what others call it. I think the 7 of cups is one of those I look at right away in a deck to see how the artists depicts it. I really like this one, there’s kind of a obsessional rabbit-y quality to it, like someone clicking their teeth like a rabbit and saying “Oh, and I could get this and this and this…..(J)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors are quite like burrito and enchilada sauce. This card does have a rabbity, grasping feel to it!

      Delete