I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, December 31, 2016

A Breath of Fresh Air

From the Tarot of the Radiant Path, the Page of Swords; from Mirrors of the Heart, Creativity:
          This Page of Swords is surrounded by flowers around his feet and blowing in the breeze. They are symbols of words and ideas that will both teach and inspire him in positive ways. His sword is planted in the ground rather than held in his hands (which are open to receive the flowers swirling about him). His focus is firmly on learning and listening for the moment. The Creativity card suggests how he'll be stimulated to use the revelations and information he gathers. Since he is a member of the Swords family, my guess is that writing or speaking will be in his future. I was thrilled yesterday to discover Coursera (an online option for non-credited college courses) thanks to a blog post by Sharyn. I love to learn new things, and they nearly always inspire me to create outside my comfort zone. JJ's 52 Week Sketch Challenge, for instance, is what prompted me to produce the Elements of Recovery Deck. Processing new information can be like a breath of fresh air.

4 comments:

  1. Do we believe what we see, or see what we believe? I've been thinking all week that your deck is the Swietlistej Drogi. Even though I read every word of your posts.

    All wellness to you and yours as we accept the new year because we have no other option :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the Swietlistej Drogi, I just use the English name of the deck because it's easier to spell. :D
      You're right, we don't have an option, but I can choose my attitude about it!

      Delete
  2. I have been looking at that Creativity Card and it reminds me of the human heart. At the top of the two chambers is a heart shaped top, and there are two little hearts going out of the main chambers or maybe in and out, like the aorta and the superior vein. Lots of love flowing through the Heart and to and from you in your art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look like an anatomical heart! Makes me think of the saying "my heart's not in it;" to truly create something magical, I think the heart has to be on board. :)

      Delete