I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Balanced Spending

From the Tarot of the Radiant Path, the Two of Pentacles; from Mirrors of the Heart, Light:
          A young woman and an older man work on some sort of sculpture or device. The man holds a ruler in one hand, giving the impression that pieces must be put together in a certain order and with precision. Yet he allows the younger woman to place the last piece at the top. These two folks are a reflection of my mind and body. During the morning and early afternoon, I have the energy of the woman; but as the day wears on and the night comes, I have the energy of the older man. I suppose we all have such internal rhythms, some of us being morning chickens and the rest night owls. The balance found in the Two of Pentacles reminds me to work with my natural cycles to be the most productive and less accident prone. The Light card shines a bright beam on reality, keeping me from any illusions. I have a tendency to want to get things done sooner rather than later. Already anything that hints of Christmas has already been packed up and put back in the attic, and the house cleaned. But if I'm working with rather than against the limits of my energy, I would be wise to listen to what my physical self is trying to tell me. Rather than having an overspent body, I'll have one that's rested and ready for activities tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Ahh, what a life if we could always be in sync with our own rhythms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's doable if I could slow my mind down long enough to hear what my body is saying!

      Delete
  2. This is exactly the reason why I take it slow during these last days of the year. We usually put away our decorations January 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting that some family traditions put the decorations away before the New Year, and some afterward. :)

      Delete
  3. I know myself well enough to realize start it in the morning or not at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Synchronously, I've been reading and watching some vids on circadian rhythms today. Some interesting stuff out there about reducing cancer risk, even, by honouring your body's natural cycles...

    I'm another 'start it in the morning or don't bother' type, at least for most things. I find I can sew just fine in the evening while I'm watching tv, but anything mentally challenging definitely has to be in the morning. Which is a bit of a bummer, as there's something I was supposed to do today which I haven't started yet, and it's nearly 4pm my time *doh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think menopause reset my rhythms in some ways. I've finally figured out it is better to adapt than fight it.

      Delete