I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, October 18, 2013

Christened in a Teapot

From the Tarot of the Masters, the Lovers:
So who's it going to be - the lovely Lolita or the modest Mary? Vanilla or chocolate is an easy choice for me with ice cream, but decisions that require a long-term commitment of some sort are much more difficult. My first inclination would be toward what would offer the most pleasure (Mary does look a bit prudish), but will the fun last? And will it be dependable and loyal? On the other hand, who wants to be stuck with a partner who is all work and no play? Here's a dilemma where my heart, head and hormones need to be sorted out before I come to a decision.

From the Key to the Kingdom comes the "Ace of Hearts:"
I am a butterfly, born in a bower,
christened in a teapot, died in half an hour.
Some things are made to last longer than others. All friendships and partnerships will change, some for better and some for worse. What is it that make some better? Probably it is respect, good communication and kindness on the part of both partners, not just one. If I'm looking for a commitment, I need to make sure the person I'm considering is on the same page as I am.

2 comments:

  1. You will only know afterwards if you have chosen right. So the best thing you can do is make a choice with what you know and feel is right.
    If I was this guy I'd go for Lolita because probable modest Mary will (s)mother him. And who wants that in a relationship :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. And yes, Mary doesn't look like the best choice!

      Delete