I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Slowly Moving from Inner to Outer

This week I'll be using the Swietlistej Drogi Tarot (Tarot of the Radiant Path) created by Alla Alicja Chrzanowska and Alina Konwinska and published through  Studio Astropsychologii. Today's draw is the Moon:
What a lovely image; the lower part of this woman's body looks like a wave in the ocean being drawn towards the moon. Emotions and memories that have been sitting below the surface are now being pulled upward from the unconscious into consciousness. I will be traveling to a party of sorts tonight (one night past the full moon). It is the anniversary of the death of a friend's husband, but instead of mourning, there will be barbecue and musical entertainment. She's had a tough time dealing with her loss this past year, and she is gathering a few relatives and friends to help turn the grief into gratitude for a life shared. I am sure this gathering will trigger some of my own feelings I've hidden away, but I think (judging by the expression on the woman's face) it will be a healing process for all of us.

The oracle deck I'll be using this week is Mirrors of the Heart, created and self-published by Lily S. May. This morning's card is "Awakening:"
Like the movement upward in the Moon card, little seeds are stirring below ground. It may be months before those seeds ever push through the top of the soil, but that doesn't mean nothing is happening. Often there is a process that must take place within before anything is seen externally. I must be patient and not force the pace of progress.

4 comments:

  1. There are definitely some changes going on there. I'm always astonished when the cards fit so well together. I don't seem to get used to it.
    Celebrating good memories it a wonderful way of coping with grief, but grief it is. I think it’s brave to face you own feelings. I wish you a lovely evening and a lot of strength :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It amazes me too how well the cards sync up. :)
      I am hoping the evening holds something special for all of us.

      Delete
  2. By coincidence I found this blog. I am the author of illustration Tarot Swietlistej Drogi (Tarot af Radiant Path). Reading so beautiful interpretations I am happy that I could perform this work. It touches my heart- best wishes and I wish to all a lot of light...! May You be happy, may you be free from suffering. All the best! Alina Konwinska

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alina, I am honored that you stopped by to read the blog.The "Drogi" (as we fondly call it over here) is one of the most beautiful decks I own, a real treasure. The Moon card in particular illustrates your amazing talents. If you have any more decks in the works, please keep me posted!

      Delete