I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Give a Cheer, But Make It Clear

From the Tarot of the Masters, the Queen of Wands:
The first thing that caught my eye with this card is the strange apron this queen wears - it looks as if it has feedbags attached to the top of it. But thinking about it, I suppose this is what the Queen of Wands does. She not only encourages those who are working on a project, she promotes it to other people who might be interested in it. She is the cheerleader who keeps the excitement and enthusiasm at a high level in order to ensure its success. As I have recently unveiled my own project (with the help of the kind and talented Alaska Laser Maid), I find myself sitting in this woman's chair. I'm a bit shy about self-promotion, but I think this queen would just hand me a pom-pom, tell me to get over myself and direct me to the cheering section.

From the Key to the Kingdom comes the "Nine of Diamonds:"
Behold the duck.
It does not cluck.
A cluck it lacks.
It quacks.
I've always heard, "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then chances are that it's a duck." I know there are some great spin doctors who can make even a turkey sound like a duck, but close examination will quickly prove otherwise. This card reminds me to keep things truthful and simple - it will keep me from trying to untangle myself later on down the line.


6 comments:

  1. I read that post, or both yours and hers, and still didn't realize it was a commercial joint venture. I was just pleased she was in the shop and working again, she was really struggling with inertia after returning home from Seattle and breast cancer surgery.

    I'll look again.
    Wonder if she's thought of adding a lenormand to the pile of ones available. I'll go look harder...your's may be. But I don't think so...good job, off to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were talking before she got the news, so things have been on hold for a while to let her get well again - she is such a trooper! I sent her the artwork and LWB I'd compiled and told her to let me know when she was ready. Not only did she have to recuperate from the surgery, but she had a backlog to clear on Etsy too. If you just type "pictish oracle" in the search box on the Etsy.com it should come up. :)

      Delete
  2. I've been to the shop and they are really beautiful. I'm sure you don't have to do a lot of cheering.for this oracle. When something is good an original it will sell easily :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen! Deborah (from Etsy) is a master when it comes to wood and lasers!

      Delete
  3. She reminds me of Artemis of Ephesus: http://www.livius.org/a/turkey/ephesus/t_artemis/artemis_ephesus_mus_tripoli1.JPG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I wonder if that was who the original painting was based on.

      Delete