I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Just Enough with a Little Growing Room

From the Spiral Tarot, the Nine of Pentacles:
Flowers that were planted long ago have now grown tall and are in full bloom. This woman is enjoying what has been produced by her hard work and dedication. She is self-sufficient and independent; the butterflies symbolize her transformation from a timid young girl to a woman full of self-confidence. Yet the tiny snail is also an important part of this card. It gradually builds and adds to its shell each year, but it will never be motivated to create a shell the size of a VW bug. It only needs one big enough for shelter and protection with a little extra room for growing. In the same way, this woman isn't focused on building mansions or buying every new gadget that comes out. She's content to have what she enjoys around her, what allows her to appreciate the beautiful life she's created for herself.

From the Sacred Journey Cards comes "Wisdom:"
Most people would think having a lot of knowledge would make you wise, but here is a suggestion to embrace humility too. The intellect can trick me into thinking I know something about everything, but wisdom is quick to admit the more I learn, the more questions I have. Wisdom reminds me to be content with being a student of life instead of wanting a tenured position of power. In this place of humility, I have nothing to prove; I can enjoy each moment instead of worrying if I will win the game.

2 comments:

  1. If you perceive yourself as wise, your wisdom will vanish.
    I strongly identify with that woman. Taking care of myself and being content with the life I've build and the person I've become :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of a paradox - if you think you have it, you don't. :)
      Contentment is a nice place to dwell.

      Delete