I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, October 25, 2013

Spending Time

From the Swietlistej Drogi, the Six of Pentacles:
The children sharing and playing with the ball remind me of one resource I find difficult to be generous with - my time. Money and things are easy to give (though there's not a lot of either), but being willing to spend time with another person requires motivation on my part. The other day we had the grandsons over, and they begged my daughter and I to play Duck-Duck-Goose and Red light-Green Light with them. For those of you familiar with five and six year old kids, you know one game will never be enough. You will spend at the very least an hour playing the game of choice. Of course we all had fun once the play started, and the time went by quickly. And the best part of all was the "thank you" hugs we got when it was time for them to leave. The Six of Pentacles reminds me some of the most precious moments are those spent with others.

From the Mirrors of the Heart comes "Balance:"
That is quite a trick, to balance the three stones on one finger. But it is also a gentle prod to wisely apportion my time. There are obligations I need to fulfill, challenges to meet and people to spend time with, but I still need to find time for solitude as well.

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember the time when we were young and time was endless. Summer vacations went on for eternity. I wish I had remembered my secret how to stretch time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Now years pass by like days; the older I get, the faster time moves.

      Delete