I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Little Help Here, Universe

From the Victorian Romantic, the Two of Wands:
Santa left an early present on my doorstep - a sweet kitten/cat. One problem: I already have two, older, indoor cats, one of whom would shred this little one to pieces if I tried to bring her inside. Currently she is staying inside our storage shed and I am feeding her. She is SO affectionate for a feral cat that I would think she belonged to someone, but she is too bone-thin for that to be possible. So as I see the two tall cedars standing behind the woman, I think of my two older cats. The palm leaf the woman holds is the kitten, and the decision I must make about what to do with her. We do have a Humane Animal Shelter here, but they are bursting at the seams (I have volunteered there) and do euthanize animals that aren't adopted in a certain time frame. I've sent out the "Bat Signal" to friends in hopes of finding a Christmas miracle for this little sweetie.

From the Flowers' Messages comes "Black Eyed Susan:"
The creator of this deck gives this flower the keywords of "joy and laughter." That's precisely what I think the kitten would bring to someone's life if they were to adopt her. This little cuddle-bum would be a great companion for someone, though I know pets come with responsibilities attached. Okay Universe, I'm asking for some help here!



2 comments:

  1. You should call her Susanna :)
    Hopefully you'll find someone for her. At least she's more comfortable with you then on her own outside

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I haven't even named her (trying not to get too attached, though with her sweet personality it's hard not to).

      Delete