I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, December 23, 2013

A Private Affair

From the Tyldwick Tarot, the Three of Cups:
Two storks have built a nest and wait for an egg to hatch. The elaborately designed wrought iron gate is featured prominently in this image and indicates both boundaries and protection. This is a time of celebration, but it is a quiet, private affair, not a rowdy party with no holds barred. I can't help but think this alludes to my immediate family and our time together before the insanity of the holiday begins tomorrow. Hopefully we will have a chance to hang out, relax, play a few games and enjoy each other's company.

From the Antiquarian Lenormand comes the card "Flowers:"
 It is easy to see why this card is associated with what is beautiful and pleasurable. The idea of spending time (just the three of us) inside our cocoon of time sounds lovely. But I must make an effort to keep my mind from whirling about, thinking about all I should do before tomorrow. All I really need to concentrate is what will bring joy into our home.

6 comments:

  1. I wish you an warm and cosy evening with your loved ones before the Christmas Chaos
    What you plan to do before Christmas me and my girls do the third day of Christmas. Just enjoy eachother company, doing what we want, nibble on the leftovers and no more holiday pressure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you pulled these two cards together! Looks like you will be enjoying a beautiful and joyous celebration. :) And, you say there are just three of you? The RWS 3 of Cups comes to mind there. Intimate and very sweet, with perhaps a surprise! I've been enjoying your blog posts today. Happy holidays! May they be as sweet and joyous as the Lenormand Flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maree, I know I've said this on the ATF already, but your Antiquarian Lenormand is simply LOVELY in all aspects! And it definitely seems to be working "hand in glove" with the Tyldwick. :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful focus! You might even get me liking the Tyldwick ;) Hope you did have a wonderful bit of close family time, and that you can also find the joy in the Christmas chaos! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you NP! The Tyldwick was what I thought would be a yawner at first. It doesn't come with a little white book, so I ended up doing a study on all 78 cards on the Aeclectic forum, which made me appreciate it even more. Happy holidays to you and yours!

      Delete