I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Balancing System

From the Tyldwick Tarot, the Two of Coins:
Anyone who's ever had a hanging basket (or in this case bucket), knows how heavy it can get after you water the plant. The pulley system balances out the weight, making it easier to pull back up to its original position. The reddish tone of the bricks symbolizes the great amount of energy being expended. We only have a certain amount of time, energy and money to spread over all of our obligations - both those we want to do and those we must do. Like all "twos," this card is about choosing; in this case, deciding how we are going to "spend" our coins (time, energy, money). After the stress of yesterday - an overload of emotion, physical activity and eating - I need a balancing system to rein myself back in to a place of stability.

The card today from the Antiquarian Lenormand is the "Bear:"
Maree has used a 1690's illustration of Ursa Major to depict the Bear. When I think of a bear, I imagine a female fiercely protecting her cubs. As I try to "re-balance" myself after the indulgences of yesterday, I need to keep in mind that such discipline is not punishment but a way to take care of myself. There's nothing wrong with a celebratory day filled with good food and lots of folks, but I can't live that way. Today the quiet house, yoga and meditation, and a much simpler diet will help me feel better and more grounded. I know the stores are having all kinds of sales today, but I think I will give those a pass.

4 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed reading your Tyldwick study posts. Beautiful deck, draws a total blank with me :) But then my mind often goes on without me~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. I've only had one card in this deck that I drew a total blank with, and that was the Temperance card. I keep hoping someone will post their thoughts on that one on the study thread.

      Delete
  2. Thank God for the day after Christmas. It went smoother than yesterday. Probable because things were more balanced. We knew what to expect and braced ourselves. and I am glad we could have a "normal" get together. At least one of us has has a Wonderful Christmas. and perhaps that's the most important part of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things went smoother for you! I'll take a serving of "routine and boring" now please. :D

    ReplyDelete