I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Do It Anyway

From the Victorian Romantic, the Knight of Swords:
I feel like this woman, naked and vulnerable, swooped up by the Rider of Truth and Justice. There are times when decisions have to be made - hard ones that make a lump in your throat and cause your gut to twist. It doesn't matter that what you must do is the "right thing" or that it's "for the best." Truth can slice like a sharp sword, and isn't concerned about the emotional tsunami it might cause. I've heard the truth can set you free, but all I feel at the moment is heavy of heart.

From the Flowers' Messages comes "Hyacinth:"
The creator of this deck assigns "spiritual blessings" as a meaning for this flower. Ugh. I'm not in the mood to make a gratitude list or engage in any spiritual practice; I would prefer to be mad at life right now. Which is why I probably need to do them anyway.

2 comments: