I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, December 1, 2013

It Sounds Good, But...

From the Touchstone Tarot, the Knight of Swords:
This tough guy looks like he has issued an ultimatum, "Stop your whining and excuses, and tell me the truth!" Behind him on a wall beneath the window is a moth. Though these insects are attracted to bright lights (positive phototaxis), they don't actually incinerate themselves in most cases. Instead, they move around the light at a distance of approximately one foot. The Knight of Swords demands that I cut through the emotional dust storm and look at a situation from a realistic viewpoint (the moth's bright light). I don't need to fall on my sword when I see the truth, but I will need to take positive action.

From the Oracle of the Grail Code comes "Forgiveness:"
Forgive, sounds good.
Forget, I'm not sure I could.
They say time heals everything,
But I'm still waiting.
~ Dixie Chicks
Funny that the moth from the top card has now turned into a butterfly on this card. Can a person forgive while at the same time protect themselves from being emotionally manipulated and hurt again? I personally think it is naive to trust an untrustworthy person again, even if I let go of the hurt and anger. The irony is that my forgiveness is not a gift to the other person but to myself. Otherwise, they get free rent in my head.

7 comments:

  1. "forgiveness is not a gift to the other person but to myself".This is so true. I can forgive, just to be able to let go and not to feel the anger and disappointment, But to forget? I think that is naive. I think for these things I have an elephant memory. Time doesn't heal all wounds but it does learn how to live with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it is naive. I've had people tell me I should "open my heart" to the other person.Okay, I can wish the best for him or her, but I don't have to invite them home for supper!

      Delete
    2. You are so right! let them live their own "happy" lifes ;)

      Delete
  2. I've never thought forgiveness was about the other person, to me it is recognizing, finally, yesterday is gone, and nothing about it can be fixed. I'd crack up if someone asked my forgiveness about anything...their schedule and mine are on different tracks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You reminded me of something Jack Kornfield once said, that holding on to anger is holding on to the idea that you can somehow change history.

      Delete
  3. Hi Thesycamoretree! I agree with you. I forgive but I don´t forget! Your decks are lovely! Muchas Estrellas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments and for stopping by, Las Magas! :)

      Delete