I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Marching Onward, Plugging Leaks

From the Touchstone Tarot, the Six of Wands:
The sprouting leaves and wreath suggest that a victory has been won in the Six of Wands. The pennant's tail curls into a circle, mimicking the wreath and indicating completion. Yet I imagine if you talk to these knights, they would say their success didn't come in a blaze of glory but by slogging through each day without giving up. If I can just keep doing what is right in front of me and continue taking small steps forward, I will eventually find that projects have been completed and solutions found. The stag reminds me of power and strength, though it may be of a gentle variety. Like the trickling stream that wears down the stone, I need to continue marching onward.

From the Oracle of the Grail Code comes "Guardian:"
This lovely, kick-ass lass (Joan of Arc) warns me not to take off my armor quite yet; there is something I need to protect. Marashinsky writes in the companion book: "Too much of your energy, time, health and/or resources have been leaking away... Do you feel drained and exhausted after spending time with a certain person or people?" Obviously if I'm going to continue making progress, I need to take care of myself. There are some people and situations which drain my battery rather than recharge it. In these cases, I often don't make a difference anyway - what I expend is wasted energy. Joan tells me to make sure my actions are worth the effort I'm making, otherwise I need to plug the leaks.

8 comments:

  1. Excellent cards for you ! (and me:))
    That's the spirit. Someone has told me once to put on a protective cloak, or perhaps this armor (and visualize it too) when you are in energy draining situations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always amuses (and amazes) me how my daily reading and another person's reading complement each other. :)

      Delete
    2. Ditto on that, my card yesterday was also about armour :D

      I like the fact that she's taken of the helmet - even when you have to stay strong and protected, and keep plugging on, you also need to make a bit of breathing space for yourself! :)

      Delete
    3. Ah yes, the sanity of breathing space!

      Delete
  2. Poor Joan. I wonder were she here today what her actions would be. And if she'd meet any better success. Or if anyone driven by the whole rather than the self was ever successful in the larger worldly sense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose her success was not personal, but in leading her country through several important battles. It's tough to be a leader people look up to and will follow, but goodness knows the French had already been through hell on earth and needed someone. But I would guess self-success was not even an agenda with Joan to begin with.

      Delete